Re: shocks and springs

"Brenneman" <brenneman@domain.elided> wrote on Thu, 23 Sep 1999 at 18:18:23
- -0400:

>>> . . .I thought about this and I think that the shorter tighter springs
rebound
with more energy than the stock struts can effectivly damp in one stroke of
the
piston. This does not happen all the time but enough to cause me to think
about it. Anyone out there with a similar setup care to comment? . . .<<<

You're basically right -- shorter spring travel requires shocks designed for
it.  Bilstein Sport shocks are designed for lowered suspensions.  I have
them on my E36 with Racing Dynamics springs and bars, and they work great.
The setup is fairly stiff, but I like it.  The shocks are never overwhelmed
by bumps at speed.

Greg Williams
gaw@domain.elided
Lake Oswego, OR