shocks and springs

I have recently put new shoks and springs on my 92 325i and have this to say
about them. I put on BavAuto street springs and stock boge shoks. My
previous experience with sport shoks and springs was on my 84 GTi and I felt
that Bilstein heavy duty shocks and neuspeed softsports were too abrupt
(wham wham over bumps) but they handled very well on smooth pavement. I
thought that the same style spring, a little lower a little stiffer (after
all the wife has to drive the car most of the time. Its the one with A/C.)
with stock shocks would give a better ride all around. Well I have been
partially right. So far I like the combo except for a little of the "I
lowered my truck to 2 inches off the ground" occillations. Not really bad,
but noticable to me (so far wife thinks I just replaced shoks). I thought
about this and I think that the shorter tighter springs rebound with more
energy than the stock struts can effectivly damp in one stroke of the
piston. This does not happen all the time but enough to cause me to think
about it. Anyone out there with a similar setup care to comment? Anyone out
there say different? If I were doing it again I would go ahead and get the
stiffer shoks. I would rather it be a rougher  ride than the occilations I
am getting now. There is my two cents.
Ryan