E36 M3 buying questions, Canadian-related

In the next year I will be in the market for an E36 M3. Since I live in
Canada I might have a shot at one of the forty cars with the 286 hp 3
liter European engines that were brought in during 1994. Does anyone
have experience with these cars? The engines are more expenssive to
build than the later 240 hp versions for North America. Are they
reliable? Difficult to maintain?  Get parts for?

Does anyone have a brochure for the '94 Canadian M3? Was one produced
for the car? Does anyone have technical information/detailed specs for
the car?

Peter Cain
London, Ontario