Re: E36 M3 buying questions, Canadian-related

>In the next year I will be in the market for an E36 M3. Since I live in
>Canada I might have a shot at one of the forty cars with the 286 hp 3
>liter European engines that were brought in during 1994. Does anyone
>have experience with these cars? The engines are more expenssive to
>build than the later 240 hp versions for North America. Are they
>reliable? Difficult to maintain?  Get parts for?
>
>Does anyone have a brochure for the '94 Canadian M3? Was one produced
>for the car? Does anyone have technical information/detailed specs for
>the car?
>
>Peter Cain
>London, Ontario

Peter et al:
	There were actually 45 of them. One was crashed in a road test
before delivery; one went to a Canadian living in San Francisco and one was
bought by the Ford Motor Company from a dealer in Windsor, Ont., across the
river from Detroit. Ford had apparently asked BMW Canada if they could buy
an engine and were told to go to a dealer. I wonder what they did with it?
	Six of the cars belong to BMW Club of Canada members, three of whom
are driving school instructors. One of the instructors is also my mechanic.
The cars are hard to find, but if one becomes available, the club people
usually find out pretty quickly. My advice - join the club.
<http://www.BMWclub.ca>
	Hope to see you at a driving school with a real M3 sometime soon.

Chris Skene
For voice services check <http://danni-dawson.com/cskene/index.htm>