RE: Leak in Trunk

> I have a '91 325i and also have a leak in the trunk, driver's
> side. Only happens when raining and driving, not at the car
> wash. Checked gasket on tail light, it is perfect and soft.
> Recently had a lot of rain and the passenger footwell in the
> front was flooded.  Tried to clear the sunroof drains but didn't
> have enough co-ax to reach through, where is the supposed
> exit/drain?  Where can I get a good service manual?  The '91
> is excluded from Bentley's and most other manuals.

William,
	'91 E30 is not any different then '89-91 models, so Bentley still
applies.
	Your leaks are most likely caused by clogged sun roof drains (my 2nd
most favorite source of E30 leaks after the tail light gaskets). To address
the front passenger swimming pool, visually follow the spark wire rail on
the engine towards the fire wall. Your glance will rest on an 'L' shaped
rubber fitting coming out of the firewall. That's your passenger side
sun-roof drain.
	The rear sun-roof drains into plastic side bumper mounts. There is a
small hose (size of the battery vent hose) going from the sunroof to the
rear bumper mounts behind the wheels. The hose sits on the bumper mount
piece without any enforcement. Add some vibration and it comes loose
depositing water either into the battery bay (in my case) or the driver side
bay in your case. Find the hose, plug it back in place. Tighten if
necessary.
	Remove the side trunk lining (a PITA) and check for corrosion while
you are in there.

have fun,
alex f