E30 M3 prices vs Porsche 951 prices

Was just perusing the last digest and noticed that someone was selling
his high-miles E30 M3 for about $11.5K.  Is that the standard going
price of that sort of M3 now?

Because I seem to recall reading on this digest that Porsche 944
turbos - which often sell for about the same price with half the miles
- - are comparable to *E36* M3s.  Even if you do end up giving the M3
the lead, and consider pre-89 turbos comparable to E30 M3's, that's
still a mighty high premium.

Just curious.  I've never driven either car, much to my dismay.  Hope
I don't start a Porsche vs BMW flamewar.

- --
Eric McCoy (emccoy@domain.elided)

"corsair, n. A politician of the seas."
	- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary