2002 won't start...

Hi everyone,

My 74 02 has been giving me problems not starting since last year. I'd
turn the key and nothing! My instrument lights would come on, but the
starter wouldn't turn the engine over. So I got in the habit of carrying
a long srewdriver behind my seat. When I finally had enough, I bought a
new ignition about 4 month's ago. It "seemed to work ok for a while
after that, and then started doing it again.

Yesterday I drove it into the garage turned it off and this morning
tried to start it and nothing, except this time something was different.
Now it can't be jumped at the starter anymore. Scratching my head, I
thought I'd start throwing parts at it. $100.00 later, it wasn't the
starter... The battery is in good shape, I've got it charging tonite to
make sure.

I've got the Bosch red coil, the top of the line Crane electronic
ignition, they seem to be fine. It's not turning the engine over
suddenly...  Any idea's? My wife's really pissed that I have to take her
to work and drive her 533i. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Barry Durham
barry@domain.elided