re:: chip scum?

L-Jet doesn't use a chip at all, as it is an analog ECM (there is no
CPU, thus no EPROM).

>G'day I have an Euro E30/B23 that has L-Jet & old type Bosch computer;
>local chip maker (Superchip) in Australia tells me that the whole box
>will need 2 b replaced because the ROM chip is soldered onto the PCB;
>After having a closer look, the actual housing of the ICU is sealed! If
>any1 pulled these ICU's apart, is it actually the same chip as in
>"newer" models or a different animal? Being a Toshiba Technician sureley
>I'd b able 2 remove the original chip and solder in a new one.... The
>above company quated me A$650 2 replace the whole box, yet for models
>with replacwable chips are $120 4 the chip;
>Cheers!

J.

'89 325i w/ Jim C Chip, 15x7 Borbets,  heated aspherical Euro mirrors
'84 325e 5spd (forsale)
'74 2002 (sold, but not forgotten)
'72 2002 (future 2.5L six)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 400 Conv (4spd)
'87 F-150 (Parts hauler and tow vehicle)
Jay Snyder                                   ________
jsnyder@domain.elided                      /________\
http://www.microserve.net/~jsnyder         (oo==OO==oo)
(717)652-3567                               @        @