RE: 745i info needed!

Sven,

I have had an '84 745i for about two years now.  I have not had any special
problems with mine.  The previous owner replaced the turbo with a rebuilt
model at about 130k mi.  I have heard that the transmission costs about
$2,800 to rebuild, but mine has not been giving me any trouble yet...

I have the factory repair manual on microfiche, and have been able to find
out from my local BMW parts dealer which parts are common on the euro and
US models.  Most of them are.  I have had to buy all of the euro parts from
the dealer, but their prices have seemed pretty competitive.

Let me know if you would like any specific info from the repair manual (if
you are unable to obtain one).

Good luck,

Will Richards

'84 745i