Re: [E28] 535i or 535is

Marc Leveille wrote:

>First, Are the only differences between the 535i and 535is the rear
>spoiler , front spoiler, sport seats and tire size (usually 220/55-390)?
>
>Second, does anybody know what was the status of the 535is for Canada?
>Here in Montreal, I have seen some "535is look alike" they are 535i with

Tire size was the same as 535i:  200/60VR390,  220 is a common replacement
and cheaper since it also fits Mustang 5.0's I believe.

Suspension was M-tech on "is" with special Bilsteins, bushings and springs.
Much closer to M5, alright, maybe half-way to the M5.  Ok, maybe the same
bushings.

Also body color mirrors on '88 model "is".

Not sure about Canada, and I've forgotten most of the US stuff as well.

- -Phil Marx