[E28] 535i or 535is

First, Are the only differences between the 535i and 535is the rear
spoiler , front spoiler, sport seats and tire size (usually 220/55-390)?

Second, does anybody know what was the status of the 535is for Canada?
Here in Montreal, I have seen some "535is look alike" they are 535i with

the spoilers (front and back), sport seats and the bigger tires. The
only thing it seems to be missing is the "s" badge.  I'm looking into
buying
one (that means my wife would inherit the 535i) but I want to make sure
I'm getting the real thing. In Toronto, Canada, I have seen 535is and
can also pick one up there right now. Both cars are in great condition.

Thanks for the help in advance

Marc