E36 M3 euro brake rotors

My '97 M3 has 30K miles on it and still on the original brakes.  Boy, I'm
surprised.  Figuring that the fronts are surely going to need replacement
soon.  So what's the deal with the Euro two piece rotors?  I can buy them
mailorder for about the same price as the dealer charges for the stock US
rotors.  Is the euro rotor the way to go, or should I consider cross drilled
or gas slotted?  Two things, drilled or slotted?  Who makes quality drilled
or slotted rotors?  BMP?  Bav Auto?

Also, if I use the Euro rotors can the dealer use the standard US pads, or
do I need to order Euro pads?  I'm not interested in racing compound pads,
long life is good for me.  The standard M3 brakes are an incredible
improvement over my last car.  No need to fix a good thing.  One more thing,
are the US calipers OK with the Euro rotors?  Anyone have an opinion on
this?

Scott
'97 M3 Coupe Estoril Blue