<E30>Oil pan gasket questions

Great write-up Larry.

I did this on my '88 535iA about 3 years and 55,000 miles ago.  I still
have a scar on my right thumb from unbolting that damn oil pump.

You really do want to use GasketCinch to hold the gasket in place. This
is not a job you want to do twice if the gasket doesn't sit right.

Not sure how fixing the oil pan gasket would cause problems in the upper
engine.....my engine doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil at 147,000 miles....

Erick Baumeister