Re: 325e to 325i

Swapped in a euro 323i head. Note, euro camshaft must
be machined to fit distributor sprocket($10 machine
shop with lathe), I used the euro intake too, ports
are larger but runners are shorter. Euro head had "i"
valve  springs capable of revs to 6700. Lost some low
end torque but car pulls very strong all the way
through.
I'm using a Jim C chip for the eta now, looking to get
a chip mapped. I want to lighten the flywheel too,
maybe when I do a clutch job I'll get rid of the dual
mass flywheel, and throw in one from a 325i.  I really
wish I had a digital camera last summer to document.
Use the headgasket set from a 325i not the 323i.
If anyone has a source for a chip mapping for the 325e
to 325i please let me know. I was told I needed to get
it dyno and custom mapped, but I've been avoiding
this.
Hope this helps.
Ray

- --- Derek van Veen <derek@domain.elided> wrote:
> How did you go about modifying your 325es?  Did you
> install an 'i' head and
> 'i' pistons, or did you modify the 'e' head?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Derek
>  '325es
>
> p.s..  Try Jim Conforti for the custom software.  He
> may be able to whip
> something up for you that will work with your motor
> (or he may have
> something already "in stock".

===
Raymond M.Wong
86 325es 130k miles Euro"i" head,Euro Manifold, JC Chip
87 535i  160k miles Currently dead :( fresh head w/new camshaft+ valve guides
bmwcca.