Changing the timing belt on a 83 528e

Hi.  I have sent a similar message before but I have some questions about changing
the timing belt on
my bmw.  I bought the car a month ago and the age of the timing belt is unknown and
many of you
on the list said, "Change it!".  So today I got a new timing belt, tensioner and
Bentley manual.  I am planning
the change this saturday.  I have a few questions.

Q1) For someone who has done this job:  How long did it take you?  Should I do it in
front of my house or in the
parking lot of an auto parts store?  Did you need any special tools besides a 27 mm
socket?  Were any of the
bolts really stuck and will any of them break off on me?

Q2) One guy at a shop here said that the cam seals would probably need to be
replaced.  I can find a section
on crank shaft seals but not cam shaft seals.  Anyone changed these and should I
worry about it?

Thanks again for all the help.

Mike Ahern
mahern@domain.elided