Re: OBC Details

Marc

I am not sure of this - but the OBC "may" be reporting the amount of fuel -
minus the 10 litres reserve.  There is actually no reserve tank - they just
calibrate the reserve warning light to come on when there are 10 L left in
the tank ( I think my memory is correct that the reserve amount was
specified at 10 L)

I had an E28 - 82 528e/A.   E28's of all years had the same gas tanks.

Actually there were 2 different tanks.

- - Europe had a 70 L tank

- - Saudi Arabia & North America had a 63 L tank.

I assumed my 63 L tank would actually hold 63 litres.  Well I ran out once,
and when I filled it to the top of the filler neck I only could put in 58.5
litres.

I never got an explanation from BMW about that - other than to say all tanks
were the same. They did check mine and there were no dints in it.

BUT - if it does only hold 58.5 L, then taking 10 off for reserve would be
the 48.5 your OBC is reporting.

That's my "best guess" for you question.

Cheers

Jim Cash