Clutch(?) problem

Hey Bimmerheads-
I'm taking her in tomorrow to have this seen to, but thought I'd seek the
wise counsel of the Digesters to have a 'heads up' as to what we may be
looking at. ($$$)
My clutch is making that 'marbles in a drum- dead bearing' noise, which
worsens as the pedal is depressed, and lessens (does not go away) when the
pedal is released. A sensation of scraping is coming through the pedal
itself. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, what's broken?
HHHEEELLLPPP!!!
TIA ya'll- Bil
('85 325e, Dinan, K&N)