RE: <E30> '91 318i tires -- the list

> I'm looking for a quality set of tires for my E30, M42 318i.
> Reqs: Good in the wet (Portland, OR) and fun in the dry
> 1. Continental CH95 2. Bridgestone RE930 3. Yokohama Avid H4
> 5. Michelin MXV4 Energy

no personal experience with any of those...

> Others that didn't make the cut
> 4. Dunlop D60A2

	Lousy tire. Wet traction OK for the first 20K miles. Dry traction
always lousy. Very noisy on concrete surfaces. Never again.

> 6. Yoko AVSi
>    Awesome track tire...no wet perf. whatsoever

	Not true. Very good wet traction until the thread goes down beyond
50%. With tire life of about 20-25K miles, that may be too soon in your
case. But this is the best dry (non R compound) tire available in stock E30
size.
	Since you are not looking for dry performance, may I suggest
Michelin X-1's. They are excellent in the wet (including standing water).
The down side is an average turn in response (relative to AVSi) on the dry
due to the tread design. The serious plus side is X-1's unlimited mileage 6
year warranty. I never had tires last more then 3 years => free X-1's on the
horizon. Check out http://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin/mi_x1.htm for more
info.
	Long story short, got X-1's for my wife's E30 and she is very happy.

good luck,
alex