Re: E28 Leaking petrol tank. 533i

My experience with a E28 525 was to attempt repair with a petrol patch
type product.

My welding skills are not that good and I was not to happy with risk of
explosion.

Each repair was successful however once the rust has set in as quick as
you fix one leak another one 2-3 inches would appear within about a
month.

When I changes my tank about six/seven years ago it was about 200 GBP. I
see they are now down to 69+tax.

I painted the tank before fitting and then transferred it when I changed
the car for newer version. (I know sad/tight). My son now has the car
and as long as he keeps the car I would not expect it to leak again.
barry@domain.elided
Barry Hodgetts