My new 325i...is it Normal?

Hi,

I picked up a '95 325i a couple weeks ago, it's a beautiful car in great
shape...I'm very happy with it.  Recently I noticed that if I depress the
recirc-button I feel the engine shudder momentarily almost as if the A/C
compressor were being engaged.   I get the same feeling when I do turn on
the A/C...So, what's going on?

I was planning on performing servicing the car yesterday, Oil&filter,
Tranny, Diff, brake fluid, and changing the "pollen filter".  I was able to
change the engine and transmission oil, but I don't have the right sized
hex key for the diff.  What size is it?

I thought that pollen filter would be a bit simple to replace, but my
Haynes manual has me disassembling half the dash just to get access to the
thing.  Can anyone help me out here too.  (I'm waiting on my dealer to get
back to me with my stereo code, in case I ever need to disconnect the
battery. ) :*(

Lastly,  Does anyone have Jim Dowd's phone number?  I thought I'd ask the
group and put in a plug for him at the same time.  Jim runs a used parts
locator service out of Brewster, MA...give him a call with your needs and
he'll try to find it.  Once he does, he checks it out, cleans it up and
ships it quickly.  If you're not happy, give him a call and return it.
I've had nothing but good experiences with him, even met him once.  He's a
really nice guy.  But after a couple moves I've lost his phone number, if
anyone has it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

- -Bill