Re: Koni vs. Bilstein

 > From: "Thomas, Robert" <RThomas@domain.elided>
 > Subject: RE:  Koni vs. Bilstein
 >
 > Based on first hand experience, if you ever plan to drive this car on the
 > street, run do not walk from anyone telling you to put KONI shocks on the
 > car!

First hand experience led you to THAT conclusion? Where on earth did you drive?

My owned since new 1972 2002 is running on Koni's, has been since the first time
I had to replaced the factory shocks. This car falls into the "daily driver"
class although it's not driven daily since I rotate thru my cars so they all get
road duty and don't just sit around. The 2002 is both driven on the street and
autocrossed and I find the Koni's perfect for my use.

My owned since new 1972 Bavaria also has Konis, again, I've used Koni's since I
replaced the original set of factory shocks. This car is mainly a street car,
autocrossed only a little years ago, yet the Koni's are still great for the
street.

My other cars don't have Koni's (yet) because they don't need to have the shocks
replaced, but when it is time for new shocks, I'll sure look it the Koni's!

Ray

Paul R. (Ray) Vasek - Apalachin, NY   BMWCCA #449  AC Owners Club #1392

1972 BMW 2002, 1972 BMW Bavaria, 1980 BMW 633CSi, 1985 BMW 535i
1957 AC Ace, 1957 AC Aceca Bristol
1964 MGB Roadster

AC Cars Enthusiasts home page -> http:/www.geocities.com/~ac_cars