<All> Fire Extinguisher Mounts

Hi

I know some of you out there have these so what do you think?

I just bought a Fire Extin. (FE) from racer wholesale. It comes with a metal
mounting bracket that you can mount
to a Rollcage or RollBar with some metal clamps (hose clamps).

This gives you the SCCA/BMW ClubRacing/Drivers School approved metal to
metal mount.

What bothers me is the actual strap that goes around the FE and holds it to
it's bracket.

You can pop this thing off pretty easy (I think its designed that way). All
I can imagine that in the event of some kind of track incident this bracket
would pop and the FE becomes a missile inside the car.

I plan on putting some Racers tape over the buckle, but I wonder what other
people have??

Is there a better bracket or do you just trust this one?

Duane, you have one of these I think, what do you do?

Thanks

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car.

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5 Speed (green alloy wheels)