Re: Koni's vs Bilstiens

Matt,

It depends on what you are looking for,
If your going with a shorter stiffer spring then you will wan't more
dampining. (a stiffer shock) The bilstein Sports are great for this
combination and are fairly comfortable, and non or "self" adjusting. Koni's
on the other hand are adjustable selected by driver, this can give you one
more tuning aid to help get the handeling of your car as close to netural as
possable, Which you can do with tire pressures also... The konis tend to be
a little more agrssivly valved, therefor stiffer and are "single adjust"
(rebound is selectable) In the Autocross comunity the Koni's seem to be the
hot ticket, on the track it seems either can work depending on your driving
style..  so if you want a cruiser that is lowered and comfortable you can go
with the bilsteins, if you want a canyon carving monster that will shake
your fillings out (on full stiff) then Koni it is..

you can also get custom valved shocks if you need somthing that the choices
given to you cannot fill.

Good Luck
Jeff Lloyd