Re: steering groan & auto shifting

Benjamin R. MacRAE wrote:

>All,
>
>Got to really drive the "new" iX today and noticed two othings:
>
>1.  There is a slight groan coming from the front end/steering/suspension
>when I turn the wheel.....it is only noticable at a complete stop, or when
>pulling into a parking spot.  Hoping this is not the steering rack ailment
>I read about somewhere.....

You really shouldn't turn the steering when the car is not in motion.
Its very stressful on the steering components.  Even just a small
amount of motion makes a big difference.  The groan you hear is
probably a bypass valve relieving the excess pressure.

>2.  Under full throttle in first gear, the auto trans shifts into second at
>5000 RPM, yet redline is indicated at 6500 I believe.  Is this normal?
>Fluid looks OK and I think the level is fine too.

I would think this is normal, but then again I rarely drive automatics.

    John