steering groan & auto shifting

All,

Got to really drive the "new" iX today and noticed two othings:

1.  There is a slight groan coming from the front end/steering/suspension
when I turn the wheel.....it is only noticable at a complete stop, or when
pulling into a parking spot.  Hoping this is not the steering rack ailment
I read about somewhere.....

2.  Under full throttle in first gear, the auto trans shifts into second at
5000 RPM, yet redline is indicated at 6500 I believe.  Is this normal?
Fluid looks OK and I think the level is fine too.

Thanks to all for the help thus far!!

Ben
89 325iX