re: Aftermarket Moonroof

Hi.  I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with adding aftermarket
sunroofs/moonroofs to their BMWs.  A friend of mine bought a car from the
dealer with an ASC sunroof (dealer had it installed).  However, he later
changed cars, so we are not sure how the sunroof would have fared in the
long run.

I hear people say that the aftermarket units will rust (i.e. where the roof
was cut), and will leak easier than the factory units.  Is this true?  I
believe it has something to do with how the drains are.  However, these
people who said this had cars (i.e. Mustangs) which were not meant to have
sunroofs.  So perhaps there is a provision in the BMW roof for proper
drainage?  (Since the sunroof is a factory option).

Anyhow, the brand I am considering is "Hollandia" -- which I believe makes
the BMW sunroofs.  Except this one is glass..   It is roughly $800 US
($1200 CDN) installed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Garson