E30 radiator fan

Hi All,

My old girl had a major pickerupper two years ago, which included a complete
engine replacement with a new 1.8L direct from Munich, complete electrical
system, cooling system and A/C. Practically everything under the hood was
replaced.
The results were very good, performance is much better, consumption is a bit
better, but...
The temperature of the engine runs a little to the hot side. Before I fixed
my
old girl up the temperature gauge would point to the 1/2 marking, and
once the thermostat would kick in it would go between the 1/2 and 1/4
markings. When the A/C was working the temperature would rise a bit further
than 1/2 marking but not for long.
Even though I had both the thermostat and radiator fan replaced the
temperature of the car still runs high, it sometimes reaches the 3/4 marking
and when the thermostat kicks in it drops to about 1/2...
When the A/C is working the temperature is normal, 1/4 to 1/2 at all times,
even when the car is standing still...

What could be the problem ?

I suspect the radiator fan is not doing a good job, and the A/C fan is
helping it
when on.
Replacing an expensive radiator fan for the 3rd time in two years is too
much,
so I was wondering has anyone ever replaced the fan with an electrical one ?
Are there any drawbacks with such a modification ?

Thanks for your time...
Demetre