Re: //M Cars -Is there no justice?

I've got to tell you about the re-labelling that goes on out here in
Bahrain (and across the Middle East). If you could see it for
yourselves your jaws would hit the floor and the debate about M series
badges would seem completely inconsequential.

True sightings:

1. A Corvette drives straight into the back of a Volvo coming out of a
roundabout, for apparently no reason. Closer inspection reveals that
white letters spelling 'CORVETE' are covering the top half of the
windscreen. There is also a CD dangling from the rear-view mirror and
an American personalised number plate glued to the bottom half of the
windscreen.

2. A mid eighties V12 Toyota Corolla (hmmm). I have a feeling the badge
had come off my 1985 Jaguar XJ12, it looked the same.

3. A Twin Turbo (!) Nissan Patrol (approx. 1983) 'Titanic' Edition.
This came with Leonardo and Kate in lurid colours stuck on the blacked
out rear window, and the words 'Every night in my dreams, I hear you, I
feel you....' written across the door. This was driven by the two most
sinister looking Shi'ites I've ever seen.

Keep a look out for my forthcoming book "Stupid Cars of the Middle
East" (In 24 volumes).

Matt