Accident!!!

Hope the monitors don't get pissed off at me for whining again but oh well
here it goes.
Ok today I got in an accident in my E30, 86 325es.
Stop/Go Traffic on the 91 freeway in Southern California.  Any of you drive
by me?  I saw a ton of bimmer owners drive by in tears as they saw what
happened.
It really wasn't that bad.  I rear ended this lady.  1st gear, goin maybe 15
mph, turned my head for one sec and BAM!!!  Hardly scratcher her new camry's
bumper.
But my bumper is pressed in a bit... also tilted up a bit.. my license plate
looked like this...
/==  instead of |==     (is that easy to understand w/ my lovely ascii
drawings???)
Cracked the grill and shoved it into my fan.  I think I will be able to
salvage it all though.
Will the bumper shocks re-expand?  Or do they need to be replaced.
Does anybody know  a better source for bumper shocks because the dealer wants
$90 each!!!!!!!!!!!
My exhaust broke off too where the muffler meets the down pipe.  It has
allready been welded once and now I just ripped it off because it broke
completley.
I have no idea how that would break from a front end collision.
Also, the rear moutning for the shift lever (lever from tranny to shift rod)
broke completely off.  It is just hanging and to drive home I have to keep a
hand on the shift rod and hold it up from hitting the drive shaft.
It also sounds like maybe the U joint is messed up.(is that the one in the
middle of the drive shaft???)
I hear some quiet thumping from down there... i took a quick look under and
the guibo looks ok.  I think it is above the heat sheilding.

So what is a good mufler I can put on?  I might as well put on a performance
one.  I don't have the bucks to buy a SS, Remus, or AA.  Looking at sebring,
borla, or ansa.  Any tips?  Price is a major consideration.  But I'd also
like to have the best one for the buck.
Also considering putting on a heavily resonated tip on the straight pipe.  I
know ANSA makes some that I saw at the local muffler shop.  I heard a guy on
the E30 board did this.  Monza is what he put on.. said he liked it.  I'd
hate to sound like a little jap car though.

Luckily, the body wasn't damaged other than that front bumper.  But the hood
does look to be a bit farther back??????

If anybody has any tips please email me... don't bore the digest with them
unless you think they'll enjoy it =)

Jeff Patch  - Bad day, Bad week, Bad freakin year so far!!!
86 325es - Still beautiful if it's missing some stuff in the front.  It also
likes to go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM w/out a muffler.
http://jamspot.simplenet.com   -- bmw site