RE: Help wanted 3.0litre M3 vs 328i coupe

You need to figure this one out for yourself. They are two similar looking
cars with two separate "missions". If money is not the deciding factor then
your driving style and needs should be.
Over the years I could have bought M cars for all of the models I've owned.
Instead of the M6 I got a couple of 635Csis, instead of the M5 I picked up
a 535iS, I passed up on the E30 M3 for a 325iS and I now drive the 328iS.
I'm not degrading the M cars at all. I just find that the normally valved
motor, chipped and connected to a low restriction exhaust is the perfect
balance of derivability and performance for my driving pleasure. That new
M5 is going to tempt me no doubt, but chances are that I'll opt for the 540
instead. : )
Choose your car carefully and enjoy!

Ron

`97 328iS