(E30) How to remove/install control arm bushings?

I am replacing the control arms on my 87 325is.  I have the old ones
removed and the new ones installed except for the doughnut shaped rubber
bushings.  This is because I am having difficulty removing the old
bushings from their circular mounting piece.  I need these mounts so I
can install the new bushings and finish the job.

I am sure others have done this job before.  How did you go about
removing the old bushings?

Thanks,

Mark Colasante