Check Engine Light

Hi Everyone,

I've got a '92 325i and it's only got 72,000 km on it and runs great.
However about 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on out of the blue
during driving, and I pulled over and shut off the car and around 10
minutes later it went off.  So I continued to drive the car for around a
week and a half without any problems and then it happened again, and
again it went out after 10 minutes or so.  I am aware it's difficult to
diagnose something like this over email, I just wanted to know if anyone
has had something like this happen to them around the 70,000 km mark or
if there is a common occurance that it may be as well, thanks in
advance.

Chris