Re: M Roadster shift on 95 325is

> From: "Perry Shang" <scsi_one@domain.elided>
> Subject: M Roadster shift on 95 325is
>
>      Hi, For people who wants to upgrade a short shifter on their ULTIMATE
> DRIVING MACHINE.  The M roadster shifter is a good thing to upgrade.  I
have
> heard a lot of people's comments on the M roadster shifter on a 3 series.
> Some good, some bad.  Finally, I got a taste of it.

<snip>

    As many people know, doing this specific conversion this way is *not* a
good idea, from an ergonomic or mechanical standpoint.  The
www.shortshifter.com web site has the details about selector rod alignment,
shift lever (not "stick") alignment, and proper height placement of the
lever's fulcrum point via the ERK.

    If you have a Shockwave-compatible browser, you can see a demonstration
of the alignment issues at:
http://www.shortshifter.com/shifterdemo.htm

    Doing it the wrong way *is* cutting corners and a poor substitute for
proper engineering.

    I have personally installed shifters in more cars than most people will
own in a lifetime... I think it's safe to say that I know what I'm talking
about.

- - Rob