M Roadster shift on 95 325is

     Hi, For people who wants to upgrade a short shifter on their ULTIMATE
DRIVING MACHINE.  The M roadster shifter is a good thing to upgrade.  I have
heard a lot of people's comments on the M roadster shifter on a 3 series.
Some good, some bad.  Finally, I got a taste of it.
     I have installed the M roadster shifter on my 325is.  And, it feels
good.  The installation went great.  Standard procedure.  Jack the car up,
Remove the shifting linkage, lower the car, remove the shifting nob, (here
is the heard part), remove the actual stick, (have to turn the base of the
shifter 90 degree to remove it), and put the new one in and reverse the
procedure.  DADA!!! DONE...  initial driving impression, it was OK.  It is
not all that awful.  Only a little bit off center toward the right front.
Also, I promise the fifth gear will not be in the passenger.  Don't worry.
     The shifting takes more effort than stock, but I won't say it is hard
to shift.  but harder to shift is the fact.  For me, the total parts cost
from BMW dealership are $58 with CCA discounts.  If you can do the
installation yourself, good for you.  You even can save more money.  Now, I
just have to wait until May 12th driving school to track test the shifter.
will follow up with more reports.

     For those people who wants the part number:  Here you go.

"M Roadster Shift Lever (# 25 11 2 228 384) $53

Nylon ball joint cup (# 25 11 1 220 600) or (# 25 11 1 469 397) [both are
identical] $8

Washers (2) (# 25 11 1 220 439) don't really need it, if you didn't lose the
original one during uninstallation of the first shifter. < $1

Circlip (# 25 11 1 220 379) don't really need it, if you didn't lose the
original one during uninstallation of the first shifter. <$1

Carrier Bushing (# 25 11 1 221 822) [if you have slop]"

I am not really cutting the Ultimate Corner on my Ultimate Driving Machine.
It just feel cool to drive it now..

Perry.

95 325is, Sharked, M ROADSTER SHIFTER(ed)