Installing hitches

I was wondering if anyone has any experience installing a hitch on their
BMW.  I have an '85 318i, I'd like to install a hitch so I can tow a very
small trailer.  Can anyone recommend a towing weight limit?  I figure my
318 can handle towing a little extra weight, as long as I change the gear
oil at the end of my trip.
I consulted the Hitch Masters web site and they had a few hitches to
choose from, but I'm waiting for them to fax installation instructions
before I order one.

Kevin