E30 modifications...

Brent,

A JimC chip is the best performance money you'll ever spend.  Turner
Motorsports (www.turnermotorsports.com) has 'em for $225.

K&N filters are debatable "upgrades".  I've done it, FWIW.  Exhaust
mods are either expensive (Supersprint - $400) or not long-lasting
(Ansa).  Big bore throttle bodies won't help much if you haven't
upgraded other intake or exhaust components.

I just upgraded my suspension with H&R Sport springs & Bilstein Sport
shocks, and I love it.  A highly recommended upgrade.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a line.

   KC Boyce
   '85 325e
   E30 Eta Page: http://rikki.cc.colorado.edu/~k_boyce/