Re: bmw-digest V9 #1025

In a message dated 3/17/99 12:13:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< snormo@domain.elided >>

   I just went through the upgrade process last week.  I purchased Borbet Type
S wheels (16X7.5") mounted with Dunlop Sp Sport 8000's (225/50/16's).  They
are probably about as much as the rear fenders can take without involved
modification.  Even so, a rather serious "fender roll" was necessary (and I
had some unobtrusive re-finishing to do).  My wheels were shipped with 18mm
self centering hub spacers and longer bolts to accomodate (which I do not
particularly like) to adjust for offset.  The 7.5 width is not the thing that
rubs - it is the 225mm tire itself.  7.5" is the rim width reccomended by the
smart guy at the Tirerac*...  I guess they try lots of these combos out...
Hope this helps!!!

robW