E30 Modifications...

    I recently purchased an 86' 325es from a friend.  I'm one of those
who loves a high-performing car in my day to day driving whether it be
the ability to get a fun jump at lights or tight cornering at relatively
high speeds on a Sunday drive in the mountains.  I'm relatively new to
Bimmers, but have been subjected to quite a bit of what's available as
far as modifications go.  I'm looking for help with what I can do to the
car to get the most overall performance boost.  I'm a little budget
minded as I'm still in college, so I'm not too interested in HUGE engine
mods or things that probably won't help too much.  Can anyone please
give me their recommendations on a car makeover with things that will
give the most improvement such as suspension, chips, air-flow,
throttle-body, exhaust, etc?

Thanks,

Brent
Littleton, CO