Installing M3 alarm in 328i

Yello:

I have been thinking about installing the BMW remote entry/alarm system in
my '97 328i and have a coupla questions.  I saw an ad for a used system
from a '97 M3.  Is it the same unit that would fit in mine (except it's
faster <g>).  Also, since this was pulled out of a car, I would need to be
sure I got all the parts in order to re-install it myself.  Does anyone
have a list of the parts?  Also, if I did buy this used unit, would anyone
be so kind as to fax or email me the installation instructions?

BTW, here in lovely Chi-town, I saw a Ferrari F-50 on the road yesterday,
one day after a 3" snow and 4 hours before an 8" snow!   I had to give the
driver credit, s/he's not one of those typical 1,000 miles a year Ferrari
drivers.

Thanks for the help,

Donn
PS - private replies are fine.  I know this isn't that interesting to the
general readership.