<E30> Water in Trunk

     Jason wrote:

        I have a problem. I own a 1987 325is and somehow there is water
        getting into the trunk. The weather stripping seems fine. The water
        is standing in the pocket where the jack sits.

     Jason, your problem has two parts - how is the water getting in, and
     why isn't it getting out?

     The second part is fairly simple. The bottom of each side chamber (one
     with the jack, and one under the battery) has a drainage slit, which
     you can see from underneath. They get clogged with dirt or other crud.
     With a small screwdriver or wire you can open it up and let the water
     (and any future water) drain out.

     As to how it's getting in, I think the usual suspects are the license
     plate lights and the taillight gaskets. Good luck.

     Bob Fluharty               Cincinnati OH           '87 325is