Holtz BMW in Rochester, NY

I recently had an extremely poor experience at Holtz BMW in Rochester when
looking at a '91 M5 for sale. ERIC UENAS 716-359-7373, was my
"salesperson".
We went for a test drive - I asked for a ride to really test the
performance of the car - I received "I don't know where."  He knew the
standard route.  At other BMW dealers, I have been on extended drives to
show the true performance of the BMW.  This was my first sign of a
dealership selling cars, not a BMW dealership selling BMWs.

 After the test drive, we talked price - I didn't argue or negotiate much -
I knew what a good condition '91 M5 with 41K miles goes for - we weren't
that far apart.  I then asked about a trade-in value for my car, but
mentioned that my wife and I didn't have too much time as we had a
previously scheduled appointment.  We went in to , filled out the
"traditional" sales form, waited for the "used car manager" to look at and
value my car, and then waited for Eric to go off, come back, go off, come
back.  The final time he returned, he stated that he would only discuss
numbers if I was serious about buying the car.  And he also said, "We are
in the business of selling cars."  With that brilliant statement, we left
frustrated that a BMW dealer could treat us like unintelligent customers.

 I am definitely not one to take a statement like that as a compliment to
my intelligence.  I was being honest and upfront with the balance on my
current car, my interest in the M5, coming to your dealership, etc.  I
asked for a trade-in value - he wasted my time AND you treated us like we
were buying a cost-conscious American car "off the old lot."  The
car-selling techniques may work with the non-educated buyer, but with most
BMW buyers, the seller will be very disappointed (as the M5 is still for
sale).  This is definitely not the same experience that Jennifer and I have
received at other BMW dealers, as well as the Lexus dealers we have visited
(and bought a Lexus too)

Following the visit to the dealer, I followed up with an email saying that
I was disappointed by many things at their dealership and that I had
purchased a similiar M5 somewhere else.

The didn't even respond to the email - I see sales is the big push at
Holtz.  And as the salesman told me, "We are in the business of selling
cars."  What an intelligent statement to make to a BMW customer.  Can you
imagine what the service must be like going there?

 Keith
'91 M5