<E30> Is it safe to post real car questions again? Need friendly advise

I felt the need to reply if for no other reason than the Mark's (The guy
who posted this, not to be confused with any other Mark) last name.  Not
often I see my name on anybody else.

>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:43:27 -0800
>From: zaphod@domain.elided
>Now that finished replacing my tranny and the short shift which I
>was able to buy since I save on buying the tranny.  I can firmly
>atest that the BB/SL with the ERK extension is pretty slick.

Errr... I think you'll find it's BL/SS. Stands for Ben Liaw/Short Shift.

<Snip>
> So here is what I have done
>and what I think might need to be done:
>
>	K&N cone filter
>	BB/SL shifter
>      ------------------
>        exhaust ?
>        sharking ?  (when should I do it?)

Sharking? There ain't no question mark in sharking! When? Now! Go to it. Do
it before the exhaust. You won't be sorry. With regards to exhaust, unless
you like lots of noise, stay away from triflo. Otherwise, what are you
looking for? Mellow burble? Banshee wail? Howl of the Undead? Fruity Blat?
Sustained Megafart? Furious bark? You can get any one of these depending on
brand.  I like the Sustained Megafart but then I'm anal agressive (the
antithesis of anal retentive). Or at least my wife thinks so.

<Snip>

Can't help you with the wheels. Perhaps the honda digest?

> Mark Porath                    89 325is (current project)
> Society Of Free Tinkers        84 318i  (very reliable)
> Mt. Vernon, Washington USA     99 Mazda B2500

Jonathan Porath
Society of Expansive Stinkers
Marblehead, MA

'90 E30 M3