RE: Water wetter = surfactant

[Rob C. Rhodes]  Regarding water wetter,  Harvey sez:

Snake Oil it is... it's more like snake piss in this
case :-)   I've never used water wetter in
any of my 4 cars I've owned in the past 15years, and
I've never overheated or had any heat problems. (ok, I
admit that I almost did once when my radiator seal
broke and sprung a leak, but water wetter wouldn't
have helped an iota)

Plus, as Harvey alludes, if one really wanted to to
lower his temperature by 10degrees, just get a new $2.50
thermostat that's 10 degree's cooler.  On the more
extreme case, take the darn thing out.  It works
all the time, guaranteed without a doubt, and it
doesn't cost a dime ;-)

aaron

[Rob C. Rhodes]  then Kevin says: Ed,

As a surfactant, Water Wetter actually decreases the surface tension of the
water and provides more efficient heat transfer at the metal water
interface. This is especially true in the little nooks and rough areas of
the block casting or in areas where there might be reentrant cavities where
the water may be semi-static and not turbulent.

- - -Kevin Kiely

[Rob C. Rhodes]  I understand that water wetter is a surfactant and
therefore may provided "wetter" water.  However, aren't most detergents
also surfactants?  Is water wetter merely detergent with a different name?
 Could one just use a small amount of detergent?

  Rob Rhodes