Re: <MISC> SP8000 Tread Life

In BMNW Digest v09.n911 Devin <Devin.Sung@domain.elided> wrote:

>> Can any of you digesters out there who run on Michelin Pilots or the
>> Dunlop equivalents (8000s?) comment on what kind of mileage you're
>> getting out of these tires under normal driving conditions (ie- not
>> including track/schools)?

devin,

i put the 8000's on my wifes probe gt (225/50/16) and i have had very good
luck with them.  they have about 19k on them and i have rotated them once.
they are wearing very evenly and there is a lot of tread left.  i am going
to put them on my iX soon. (225/50/15) and expect good luck.  for
comparison, the probe is driven a lot by me in the summer and i drive fairly
aggressive, high speed corners, high speeds on the freeway, general spirited
driving.  they have performed well and i would recommend them.  good dry/wet
cornering/breaking.  YMMV.

good luck and i hope this helps.

regards,

jack money