RE: Redline Water Wetter

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:26:07 -0800
>From: Steve Albrecht <albrecht@domain.elided>
>Subject: Redline Water Wetter

>I am confused by the marketing hype of Redline's Water Wetter.  The
>label claims that it will lower the temperature of the cooling system
>water by some amount, 10 degrees or something, I don't have a Water
>Wetter container handy so I am working from memory (poor as that may
>be).  Can someone with some chemistry background explain how this
>works?  My understanding of the automobile cooling system is that the
>coolant temperature is controlled by the mechanical/thermal properties
>of the thermostat, not the chemical properties of the liquid coolant.
>So is this stuff snake oil or what?

Thanks
Steve Albrecht
Golden Gate Chapter
'95 540 (still w/factory installed mud flaps)
German Shepherd (near 10 years old w/high mileage & worn left rear
suspension)
Gray Cheek Parakeet (reincarnation of a Mafia hit man - also 10 years
old)

Steve,

What got me to use the Redline Watter Wetter because of the "Wetter"
part. J/K!!! ;)

Honestly, I think the Redline ATF and the 80W-140 change made a little
difference on my car. Eversince the change of the fluids, the car seems
cooler. What do I mean? When I shut of the car and head to work *sigh*
noticed that my car isn't as HOT *hum...* as it always was.

Maybe it was the change since I had this car for 2 years & logged in
30,000 miles. Hum. Maybe it was the oil it self. Who knows? It's a
matter of opinion. Try it. If you don't feel a difference, don't buy it
again within two years... What I hear the Mobil Oil Synthetic (not the
oil one) with all the trimmings is almost as good as the Redline.

Hope this helps..

- --
Reynaldo Tong
99 Suzuki TL1000