Redline Water Wetter

I am confused by the marketing hype of Redline's Water Wetter.  The
label claims that it will lower the temperature of the cooling system
water by some amount, 10 degrees or something, I don't have a Water
Wetter container handy so I am working from memory (poor as that may
be).  Can someone with some chemistry background explain how this
works?  My understanding of the automobile cooling system is that the
coolant temperature is controlled by the mechanical/thermal properties
of the thermostat, not the chemical properties of the liquid coolant.
So is this stuff snake oil or what?

Thanks
Steve Albrecht
Golden Gate Chapter
'95 540 (still w/factory installed mud flaps)
German Shepherd (near 10 years old w/high mileage & worn left rear
suspension)
Gray Cheek Parakeet (reincarnation of a Mafia hit man - also 10 years
old)