Polite reply to Martins questions

First of all , I have to say you all are alittle immature in you ban the
mark campain.
I have never said anything bad to anyone , even when I have been insulted=
 .
I have only defended basic science and reasons that you too can avoid bei=
ng
a product of the media.  (ie, cool air tubes and lightened  flywheels to =
be
more specific)

Below , I will answer a few basic quesions that Martin has asked of me.

.The BMW digest
 has about 3000 or so subscribers. The majority (99%) of subscribers
own there BMW outright, and is their daily driver
events?   bzzzz wrong answer, I go =

to the track every month to see 30 or so bmw street cars going round and
round.  multiply this by all the autocrosses
and driving schools across the country, and the number will go way up. =

Actually, this group could be a safer
group if you went out to the track and played with me.

.
    This is not the race digest. Out of the subscribers there is only
30-60 or so people that would ever take there car to any track.
Most of use are married and have invested a lot (20-60 grand)
into a car which the spouse will not let you even think about
a day at the track-EVER!!!! (Yes It's True!) Then there are the
garage-queens which are rarely even driven at all.
can become quite a safe drive on the streets.  Its a lot of fun too.  I
understand if
you are a 740iL driver , it really wouldnt make sense, but on my videos,
you
can see the diversity of the cars .  (jags, volvo stationwagons, etc)
anyway, youre right , this list is more about the ownership of the cars a=
nd
less about performance.

    You yourself have admitted that 5% hp is so small that the gains
are hard to find. In fact you stated "Every little bit helps", but only
in close wheel racing. It does not help when driving to work, or
getting groceries, or on a 500 mile road trip. This is what we
(digest subscribers) do.
purchased a $ 260.00 dinan cool air tube for the M3 e36  that replaces th=
airbox for the =

5or 10 hp.   she is so happy.  she thinks she feels it.   I just try and
bit my tongue as =

she wants to go to the track.   Yes, the eRAM is not for her as she is no=
a techy.  But
if she was like most of us, she may consider it.   I sure wouldnt take if=

off my car. (why throw away 9 hp )
But, I like  things that improve performance.
    =

    Then there is a Jim C. chip, this helps across the board,
even at low (1/2) throttle conditions, noticeably helps, and is
good for 22 h.p. and 4 miles per gallon.
My bmw 325is auto,  is great at low throttle settings, very smooth.  Then=

you =

say that the chip  is 22 hp.   (this is at full throttle right?)  so , yo=
do the chip for HP which is WOT
or you do it for smoothness.   Maybe smoothness is worth the 300 chip. =

thats your call.

  =

    Mark  I am going to ask you a few questions which I hope
you will respond to:
1 What is YOUR daily driver?   =

2 Who told you about the BMW-Digest?

3 Did they tell you about not advertising?
ive posted information that relates to others posts of HP gains due to =

air flow improvements and  the falacy of hp gained from flywheel lighteni=
ng
 =

(for the racer or average bmw driver)

4 Do you realize valuable members are unsubscribing partly do to
you non-stop air flow .....stuff?
me names , I would answer the questions and go away, but im getting =

constantly drawn back in for attacks of my proven concepts and formulas.

5 What is your browser brand, version?

6 How long or what is your total internet experience?
ed
participant
to the porsche list.   I receive complements all the time, 100s of people=

have my track videos with
great reviews.   (lots of fun, great action , great exposure to wheel to
wheel racing and schools)

    There is some advertising on this list, this might also confuse you.
The people that do advertise give greatly to this list either in
information, on any model with great accuracy, or with donations
or price breaks with group purchases ect...
given
some for free out to  the listees. =

t least show some KNOWLEDGE or EXPERIENCE
of ownership of any BMW, for THAT IS WHAT THIS
LIST IS ALL ABOUT!!!
Ive provide formulas to total ram potental for a 100% eff. inlet.  Ive
correlated data
to my dyno runs and air box pressure readings.  I even tried to shoot dow=
the waste of
money for lightened flywheels that one of you engineer members and I
conversed on  to =

agree that 4 -8 lbs lighten flywheels provide 1-3 hp best from 5000 to 70=
00
rpm.
I love to tech talk. Maybe to a fault.  People I meet at the track seem t=
like the discussion =

as after a couple high 5s, we talk until its time to run again.  Ive had =
great time with =

list members at the track.  In fact meeting one of your list members next=

weekend at laguna
to ralley with him.

sorry, the communication broke down.   Sorry this "other " mark had to
confuse and and make a bad situation =

worse.  My only mission is to talk the tech talk and get the real truth.
Mark Kibort

Martin Miller
'93 325isa
P.S. Please respond by numbers so we will know which answer
goes with what questions O.K?

<

End of bmw-digest V9 #916