Brake Fluid Testing

I will be carrying a line of digital brake fluid testers that uses direct
boiling point analysis to determine the boiling point of the brake fluid in
your car's hydraulic system.  The analyzer has a pair of connectors that
connects to the battery (or +/- connections in the engine compartment) for
power and the tool's probe is inserted into a sample of the fluid from the
reservoir (or from one of the calipers if you prefer).  Hold the test
button on the tool with the probe in the fluid and you'll get a digital
(LCD) readout of boiling point in 20-60 seconds.  Accuracy is +/- 3%.
Warranty is 1 year.  I'll have a demo unit at the monthly BMW Club meeting
(NJ Chapter) this Thursday for a few people to test their brake fluid.

		Brake fluid testing should be (in my opinion) a part of track tech
preparation.  Temps below 350 F would not be safe for driving events. Of
course, if you've changed your fluid just before an event, you can be
fairly confident that it has not been degraded by system particulates or
moisture absorption.
 SD
The Golden Gate Chapter's Thunderhill driving school will be held next
month.  Contact me if you're interested in participating in a group session
to change brake fluid and brake pads.  We could pool our tools (such as a
Steve D'G brake bleeder kit, jack, jackstands, 7mm wrenches, etc.), buy
brake fluid in bulk, and share knowledge on how to do the procedure (and
order pizza and coke/beer while we're at it).

Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com