Re: You and the BMW-Digest

At 11:32 PM 1/25/99 -0500, Martin wrote:
<stuff snipped>
    This is not the race digest. Out of the subscribers there is only
>30-60 or so people that would ever take there car to any track.
>Most of use are married and have invested a lot (20-60 grand)
>into a car which the spouse will not let you even think about
>a day at the track-EVER!!!! (Yes It's True!) Then there are the
>garage-queens which are rarely even driven at all.

Hey bro,

Most stuff you wrote had definite legitimacy, except I would bet a lot more
that 60 folks on the digest auto-x or track their cars.  I wouldn't be
surprised if 10% of the digest did some type of driving event at one time
or another.

My M5 has all the mentioned goodies done to it (with probably more to come
money notwithstanding) but will probably never see a track or auto-x.  This
summer (and I guess early spring.  I guess you have to take a safety school
first if you have no high speed driving experience) I will attempt in my
'02 to participate in my first track drivers school.  Another one down.
Sounds like fun.  Why don't you try one?

Out.

Jerry "track virgin" Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii

PS Lets not bag on Richard W. for our problems.  We made them, we can solve
them.  He's starting up a new business and as one who's doen that before,
it takes LOT'S of time.