You and the BMW-Digest

Hey Mark K.
    I thought I would spend a little time trying to explain a few things
to you. First, I'm not going to insult you or your product, but there
is a few things you may not fully understand. The BMW digest
 has about 3000 or so subscribers. The majority (99%) of subscribers
own there BMW outright, and is their daily driver. This means that
their car never, repeat, NEVER-EVER goes to the track. No auot-x
not even one drivers school. Now I could understand your possible
confusion with all the talk about upgrades. Take exhaust for example.
Owner-X will spend $800.00 on a replacement exhaust,
the only reason, and I repeat ONLY reason is NOISE.
It sounds COOL!.
Yes, it's true, not for even 1 hp. Same, but only different with a
sport or full race suspension. It LOOKS COOL. Same with 17"
or 18" wheels. It's not for the obvious handling related reason,
its just looks COOL!!!
    This is not the race digest. Out of the subscribers there is only
30-60 or so people that would ever take there car to any track.
Most of use are married and have invested a lot (20-60 grand)
into a car which the spouse will not let you even think about
a day at the track-EVER!!!! (Yes It's True!) Then there are the
garage-queens which are rarely even driven at all.
    You yourself have admitted that 5% hp is so small that the gains
are hard to find. In fact you stated "Every little bit helps", but only
in close wheel racing. It does not help when driving to work, or
getting groceries, or on a 500 mile road trip. This is what we
(digest subscribers) do.
    Now, back to that loud exhaust. Ever time that car is driven
it's heard. Every time the owner looks at his lowered car it is
enjoyed. Your fan can not do anything like that, it's 9hp
(only at WOT ) that you yourself said you can't even feel.
    Then there is a Jim C. chip, this helps across the board,
even at low (1/2) throttle conditions, noticeably helps, and is
good for 22 h.p. and 4 miles per gallon. Yes Mark I and
many, many others enjoy higher M.P.G. Life is not all race,
race, race just because we own a BMW.
    Mark  I am going to ask you a few questions which I hope
you will respond to:
1 What is YOUR daily driver?
2 Who told you about the BMW-Digest?
3 Did they tell you about not advertising?
4 Do you realize valuable members are unsubscribing partly do to
you non-stop air flow .....stuff?
5 What is your browser brand, version?
6 How long or what is your total internet experience?

    There is some advertising on this list, this might also confuse you.
The people that do advertise give greatly to this list either in
information, on any model with great accuracy, or with donations
or price breaks with group purchases ect...
We are losing these benefits because of YOU!!!
If you could help even a few people with advice on something
OTHER  repeat, OTHER, i.e.. NOT e-ram, such as detailing
or repair tips you might gain a little respect,
or at least show some KNOWLEDGE or EXPERIENCE
of ownership of any BMW, for THAT IS WHAT THIS
LIST IS ALL ABOUT!!!

- --Martin Miller
'93 325isa
P.S. Please respond by numbers so we will know which answer
goes with what questions O.K?